Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Goldfish....Circles?????

I saw this recipe for homemade goldfish crackers on The Pioneer Woman's facebook page.


She showed the cute little goldfish/pac-man cookie cutters made out of a soda can. Amazing right?

Nice neat little rows. BEAUTIFUL... if I say so myself.





Perfect little goldfish/pac-men.




OK so none of those were my photos. I wish! I stole/borrowed them from PW's facebook page. These are mine.



Future circle crackers.



Cheesy goodness. Notice the laptop in the background, so that I can read directions while I work.



Rolled out to desired thickness. After I washed my rolling pin. Jaden decided to roll Buzz while I was blending. Speaking of blending the blender does NOT work. I don't have a food processor so I tried to use the blender and it only blended stuff at the bottom. I am sure my friend Anna's girls would never try to roll out the dog!



Ta-da ready for our cookie cutter/ mini-medicine cup.



Tiny circles. If this turns out well and the boys like them, I might go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby and get fondant cutters to make different shapes.






Look at that perfectly rolled dog. Man, does that boy love his dog!


I think the feeling is mutual.


Finished product. To me they taste like cheese straws. The big question is "What did the boys think?

Jaden "Yucky, I not like dem."


Jack "Those are good, but why aren't they crunchy?"


Morgan "I don't want to hurt your feelings Mom but, Not Good."


If they had liked them I intended to make some parmesan or pepper jack. So the moral of the story is if you like them because they are crunchy you will not like these. Well I guess this saves me a trip to Micheals/Hobby Lobby were I would probably end up buying tons of other stuff that I really don't need.

No comments:

Post a Comment