Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mother of the Year!

I would like to nominate the lovely southern belle mother in the wide-brim sun hat, on the exit ramp to I-85.  I noticed the lady standing beside her SUV and a young man down on the ground.  At first glance I thought he was looking for something under the car. NOPE!!! She was standing with her hands on her hips and he was down there doing push ups...  Having dropped my kids off at their MiMi's house I had time to think of different scenarios of how it went down.  And this is what I have come up with:  The mom had made a request of the son or commented on one of his choices.  And he made a smart alec remark or "What ever" as he put the ear buds back in.  And she said " I ought to pull over and spank you."
Boy:  Really, Mom am I not a bit big for that?
 Mom: Get out!  GET OUT OF MY CAR!
 Boy:  Mom? Are you OK?
 Mom:  I SAID GET OUT OF THE CAR!
Boy: What-evah
Mom calmly exits the car and says if you want your IPhone back get down and start doing push-ups, I'll tell you when you are done.
 So just on my imaginary view of the events I nominate her Mother of the Year!
 Or she may have just been taking him to boot camp and was getting him prepared! 

1 comment: